- 6 each Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled
- 6 cups canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon flaky sea salt
- 1 cup dipping sauce of choice
- Slice the potatoes paper thin using a Chinese mandoline. Stack the slices up in order as much as possible, discarding the rounded tops and bottoms.
- Using a knife, cut the stacks on each side to make perfect rectangles.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot to 350 degrees F.
- Once the oil is hot, lower the stacks of potatoes into the oil two at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the pot.
- Cook for 5 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove from the oil and sprinkle with the flaky sea salt.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or as a side.
The potatoes must be Idaho® Russet potatoes due to their starch level.