Dungeness Crab & Artichoke Potato Tapas
- Place the diced Idaho® potatoes into a large pot of salted cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain into a colander. Place the potatoes onto a parchment lined baking tray and cool in the refrigerator.
- After the potatoes are chilled, place into a large mixing bowl and coarsely mash. Add the artichoke hearts, vegetables, herbs, seasonings, cheeses and egg yolks. Gently mix to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the Dungeness crabmeat to the potato mixture. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon to lightly combine, taking care not to break up the crabmeat.
- Using a #40 size scoop portion the Potato Tapas mixture into 72 golf ball size portions. Place onto a parchment lined tray.
- Lightly coat each Potato Tapas with the beaten egg and gently coat in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- To Serve: In batches of 6, deep fry the Potato Tapas in 350⁰F oil for approximately 4 minutes or until golden and thoroughly heated internally. Remove from the deep fryer and place onto an absorbent paper lined tray. In the center of 12 decorative serving platters place a small bowl of the Mascarpone Fonduta. Arrange 6 Potato Tapas around each bowl of Fonduta sauce. Garnish each platter with 4 Red Belgium Endive Leaves. Serve immediately. Bon appetite!
Mascarpone Fonduta Sauce
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pot. Add the shallots and garlic to a pot and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Add the thyme to the pot and cook for an additional minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients except the chives. Simmer for 6-8 minutes stirring frequently with a whisk until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in the fresh chives. Hold until needed in a double boiler.