When it’s hot outside there’s nothing like a cold potato salad for dinner. This Indian Potato Salad is a whole meal in itself. In addition to Idaho® Potatoes and flavorful Indian spices, it has carrots, peas, and chickpeas. All you need to add is an icy cold glass of tea.
Don't have a instant pot/pressure cooker – not to worry. There's stovetop preps included too!
Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker Ingredients:*
Cilantro-Mint Chutney Ingredients:
- Place the potatoes, water, and carrots into your Instant Pot and cook on manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and remove the lid. Add the peas, replace the lid and cook on manual, low pressure, for 0 minutes. Yes, I really mean zero minutes.
- Once it's done, which will be a few minutes since it will need time to come back up to pressure, release the pressure manually.
- Pour everything into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Once hot add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and mustard seeds and saute until they become fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the garam masala and the minced garlic. Saute 1 minute more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add all the cilantro-mint chutney ingredients to a small food processor and pulse until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooled vegetables, the cooled sauteed oil spice mixture, and the chutney and mix well.
- You can serve it as is, or chill for at least an hour to get it nice and cold. Enjoy!
*Note: If you don’t have an instant pot/pressure cooker, you can still make this delicious salad. Just cook the potatoes and carrots in a pot on your stove over medium heat until they are easily pierced with a fork. Remove from heat and add peas, cover and let sit for about 5 minutes, or until the peas are cooked. Then start on step 4 above.