Salpicao-Idaho and Chicken Salad
- 3 whole chicken breasts, boned
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion cut in thin rounds
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 4-5 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, grated, patted dry
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken with onion, olive oil, garlic, paprika and pepper
- Grill breast. Cut into thin slices.
- Combine green beans, carrots, red onion and chicken and parsley.
- Fry potatoes at 375 degrees F until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Toss all ingredients with mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.
- TIP: If desired, toss chicken, beans, carrots, red onion and parsley with mayonnaise. Mound in center of plate. Surround with fried potatoes. OR place fried potatoes on top of chicken salad mixture and garnish with cilantro sprigs.